Did you know that heat pump technology is considered the new choice for energy efficient hot water?
Though solar water heaters have traditionally proven themselves to be an energy efficient renewable water heating alternative to gas and electric systems (and while they continue to be so), heat pumps save equivalent amounts of energy and greenhouse gas emissions to their solar counterparts.
In fact, heat pumps have evolved to be able to provide some unique advantages.
So let’s take a look at how one of the water heaters in the Rheem heat pump series might benefit you.
- Relatively low cost to purchase and install
- Easy, ‘same day’ replacement
- Frost protected
- Safe, as water temperature is electronically controlled
- Works day and night as they don’t rely on daylight to operate
- Provides hot showers all year round and even when the sun doesn’t shine!
Is your property suited to collecting solar? Not all properties are! A Rheem heat pump doesn’t require roof mounted panels, which reduces the structural load on your roof and increases the aesthetic value to your property.
Plus, if you have a standard electric water heater, a Rheem heat pump is an ideal upgrade as it uses the same plumbing and electrical connections.
Now all you have to do is choose which Rheem heat pump is right for you.
- The Rheem Heat Pumps MP series has a split design suitable for moderate to warm climates and is of a size that’s best suited to smaller families. Ideal replacement for an indoor electric water heater.
- The Rheem Heat Pumps MPi series has heat pumps that are suitable for moderate to warm climates and is of a size that’s best suited to average size families. Ideal replacement for an electric water heater.
- The Rheem Heat Pump HDi series is designed for average size families and has the benefit of speedy recovery.
All come with a five year warranty and are made for outside installation. The Rheem Heat Pumps MP series is also suitable for indoor installation.
Rheem Heat Pumps are eligible to receive a Small-scale Technology Certificate (STC) and Federal and State Government Rebates.
So remember, for an energy efficient alternative to solar that cuts energy use and greenhouse gas emissions by up to 65% choose a Rheem Heat Pump. Call Mr Emergency Plumbing on 1300 164 064 for more information, sales and service.